1. In connection with the biennial IBBY Congress, an IBBY Honour List will be published, which shall include books from IBBY member countries. For this purpose, each National Section shall be invited to name to the IBBY Secretariat books considered to be characteristic of its country and suitable to be recommended by IBBY for publication in other languages. The books selected for the Honour List must have been first published no earlier that three years before their nomination.
2. One book is to be named for writing. For a country with a substantial and continuing production of children’s books in more than one language, additional nominations of books written in the different official languages of the country may be submitted.
3. One book is to be named for illustration.
4. One book is to be named for the quality of its translation. For a country with a substantial and continuing production of children’s books in more than one language, additional nominations of translated books in the different official languages of the country may be submitted.
5. The National Sections shall pay the following nomination fees:
NS in dues categories 1, 2 and 3: CHF 100 per nomination;
NS in dues categories 4, 5 and 6: CHF 75 per nomination;
NS in dues categories 7 and 8 are exempt from paying nomination fees.
6. The National Sections shall send 7 copies of each nominated book and relevant bibliographical and biographical information to the Secretariat of IBBY at dates established by the Executive Committee.
7. The President of IBBY shall sign the diplomas and present them on the occasion of the biennial Congress of IBBY.
8. The present regulations have been approved by the Executive Committee of the International Board on Books for Young People, which reserves the right to annul or modify them.