Winners of the 2010 HCA Awards
The medals were presented to the winners at the 32nd IBBY World Congress in Santiago de Compostela, Spain on Saturday, 11 September 2010.
To read the speeches from the ceremony click below:
Laudacio given by Jury President Zohreh Ghaeni
Acceptance speech by Jutta Bauer
Acceptance speech by David Almond
Photographs from the Award ceremony can be viewed on the Congress picture gallery under: Saturday, 11.09.2010
Winners announced in Bologna 2010
The winners and finalists were announced at the
Bologna Children's Book Fair.
Go to press release for the full announcement.
Hans Christian Andersen Award 2010 Shortlist
Andersen Candidates 2010
The 55 candidates for the 2010 Andersen Awards were announced May 2009
Click here for full list
A website has been set up by Zohreh Ghaeni, the president of 2010 Hans Christian Andersen Award Jury for all those people around the world who are interested in children’s literature and want to know more about the 2010 Hans Christian Andersen Awards’ candidates.
Click here for description and biographies of all 2010 candidates.
AUTHOR WINNER 2010
ILLUSTRATOR WINNER 2010
Andersen Jury 2010
The 2010 Hans Christian Andersen Jury was selected during the Executive Committee Meeting in Bologna, Italy March 2009.
Zohreh Ghaeni from Iran will lead the jury as its President and Elda Nogueira from Brazil will represent the IBBY Presidency on behalf of Patsy Aldana. Liz Page will work as Jury Secretary.
The ten members of the Hans Christian Andersen Award Jury 2010 are as follows:
- Ernie Bond: Professor of Children's and Young Adult Literature at Salisbury University, Maryland, USA.
- Karen Coeman: Master of Art in History and publisher in Mexico City, Mexico.
- Nadia El Kholy: Professor and Chair of the Department of English Language and Literature, faculty of Arts at Cairo University, Egypt.
- María Jesús Gil: professional consultant for publishing houses, Madrid, Spain.
- Jan Hansson: Director of the Swedish Institute fro Children's Books, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Annemie Leysen: Lecturer, reviewer, critic and publicist from Heverlee, Belgium.
- Darja Mazi-Leskovar: Associate Professor at the FERI, Media Communication Institute, Univeristy of Maribor, Slovenia.
- Alicia Salvi: Professor of language and literature and an expert on children's literature at the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Helene Schär: Former director of the Baobab Children's Book Fund and editor of the Baobab series, Basel, Switzerland.
- Regina Zilberman: Children's literature specialist and former director of the Instituto Estadual do Livro, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
For the full press release, click here.